Enabling Internet Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhandy007

Solid State Member
What's Up? I've got a problem here that I was wondering if I could get some advice about. Recently my home built computer crashed and I had to erase the hard drive and reinstall everything. I did that and everything seems to be working fine. The only problem is that while surfing the internet, the computer won't accept any cookies. I am unable to log into any websites and I am writing this message from another computer. I am using dial-up internet provided by Walmart Connect. I'm using the same installation cd that I have used before and it worked fine before. I've looked through all of the internet options and can't figure it out. The problem still exists regardless of whether I'm running Zone Alarm or not, and it's the same using the Walmart Connect browser or Internet Explorer. Walmart Connect won't reply to my questions about this. Do you think it's the internet service or my computer settings? I can always erase the hard drive again and reinstall, though I would prefer not to. My local Walmart doesn't have any more cds to try. I would appreciate any help anyone could give on this matter. Thanks.

I'm running Windows 98 SE and here are my computer specs:
AMD Athlon XP 1900+
FIC AN11 Stealth Motherboard
Crucial 256mb DDR PC2100 RAM
PNY GeForce 3 Ti 200
Enlight Case and 300W PS
Conexant V.90 56K Modem
Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1
Leadtek Winfast TV Tuner
Samsung Syncmaster 955DF
Creative Inspire 5.1 Speakers

Where is that privacy bar at? In the internet options I have these tabs: general, security, content, connections, programs, advanced. I can't find it in there.

strange ! in my internet options i have :
general, sécurity, privacy, content, connections, programs, advanced. what version of IE are you running ?

Sorry, i didnt notice its windows 98. Click on the security tab.
Then click on select internet and click on custom level.
In there u would find two options to enable cookies.
Hope this works.

Replying to petogaz: I am running Internet Explorer version 5.5 Maybe I should download the update to it.

Replying to Maverick Tech: I enabled both kinds of cookies and tryed it and it didn't work. Then I put where it prompts you about taking a cookie. When I would go to websites, it would prompt me, and I would accept the cookie. Still I couldn't log in to any websites and looking at my temp. internet files, there weren't any actual cookies in there. Thanks for the posts and please keep them coming. I appreciate it.

I installed IE version 6. This gave me the privacy tab in the internet options. I set it all the way down and enabled cookies in the security tab, and was able to get some cookies. Still I can't log into websites. Like when I go to fool.com, the login page still comes up saying that my browser wouldn't accept the cookie, so I can't log in. This also goes for other websites. If anyone has anymore suggestions, please post. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom