Emergency Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys. I just recently reinstalled my OS so i can use a separate hard drive for the OS and another hard drive for the installed programs.

I was able to successfully reinstall my OS and everything was working out. I even changed the registry so that all programs will be installed on the P:/ drive.

However there are some programs that I installed and even when I assigned it to the P drive, some of them are installed on the C:// drive.

Like Photoshop CS5 for instance, Photoshop CS5 was installed on the P drive as well as the C drive, but the rest of the programs included with it were installed on the C:// drive. Programs like Bridge, Device Central and etc (these are the programs included with CS5 Extended).

So my question is, should I reinstall it again before I go too far? I don't wanna ignore it and then later on it might be the same for everything else.

If I do reinstall my OS again and reformat both hard drives, I will be using a different drive letter for the OS other than C://, probably W:// for windows haha :)

And then, I can assign the other hard drive where all my programs will be installed, and assign it the letter C://

Do you guys think this will solve the issue? Because programs are normally installed on the C:// drive.

Alright stop creating multiple topic when you could have easily asked this question in that other thread. It fully pertains to that subject.

No dont reinstall it. Simply put you can NOT force all software to be installed to a separate drive. Some software is hard coded where it will be installed. So no matter what you did to your registry, it will still install to the C:\ drive cause that is what it is coded to do. you would have to decompile the installer and edit the program yourself.

Which by the way is illegal to decompile others work, not to mention the illegal aspects of modifying their work without their concent. So dont bother to ask.

Yeah you may reinstall Windows. But the fact remains that these other drive can be whatever drive letter YOU want. YOU hold the power to assign its drive letter. The only one Windows forces is the C:\ drive. Other than that YOU hold the power. YOU CANT force Windows to install to a different drive letter.

Even if you are given the option to install software to a different drive, there are still files within the C:\ Drive. Under your user profile>AppData you will see that there is still information from those programs there. Even though you installed them to the other drive. This will happen NO MATTER WHAT. Unless you install Portable Apps on your system to the drive this is how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom