EMERGENCY! Mouse is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

ever_thus

Baseband Member
My wireless USB mouse suddenly went dead. One minute is was working, next it wouldn't respond. The device manager lists it as "unknown device" and when I reconnect it I get a message saying that the an unrecognized USB device was found. I have rebooted, reconnected the device, reinstalled it from the control panel and nothing has helped. To make matters worse, I have found that my XP installation disk is damaged. Microsoft support here (I'm in the UK right now) is closed and I have work that I need to do still tonight.

Please help, I'm desperate!

Go to the manufacturer website and download the newest drivers.

The problem being that I need the mouse tonight. But I've dug up an old PS2 mouse with a half dead trackball that should last me until Bill Gates wakes up.

Tboltness said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE AN IDEA!!

BUY A NEW MOUSE! (I know, I'm a genious)

right. they're only 5 bucks.
you probably have a short in the cord

yeah, is the led on the bottom of the mouse lighting up? You may have shorted out the chips inside somehow (i dont know how) i got bored and shorted out the chips inside the mouse with themselves and it was cool, made the mouse spazz out and stuff, but then it never worked after that ;)

happens all the time and like it was stated above you can get a new mouse for $5 these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom