I've been working on it for a week and can't figure out why every email I've sent out the last 3 months has not reached it's destination. I was not aware of the problem because my outlook express had shown they were sent (no errors). So, here are the fact you wizards:
1) OS is XP
2) I have Norton Firewall and McAfee Virus scan. Have uninstall Norton, and disabled McAfee with no results to improve situation. It is interesting though that Norton Firewall help says that when personal information protection is enable sometimes out going email will show up as successfully being sent, but actually was deleted by Norton because of the personal info protection feature, however this feature has never been enabled.
3) I installed and used email programs Opera and Incredimail and everytime I send email out they show as sent and they still don't arrive at their destination.
4) I can receive email through programs just fine.
5) Switched to Cable service about 3 months ago, talked with the service and used their SMTP out going as indicated, still no positive results. The cable service spam filler is disable.
6) Here is the real kicker, my wife's computer is networked to mine and using the same cable modem, she is able to send and receive mail through her outlook express just fine.
7) I've had problems last year with both OLE and XP after installing new XP service packs and updates, had to totally re-install the OS. Always afraid to install those things, did again anyway. After doing so recently, can't restore to an earlier restore point.
8) And finally, I have disabled XP Firewall feature and tried to send and receive email and still no results.
Any ideas or suggestions? Have you heard of problems like this before?