email backlog - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2003, 04:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default email backlog

OK, just a query here. My boss (a total no hoper when it comes to computers) is having a problem with his email inbox due to all the viruses at the moment. He is receviing emails from people in his address book that have the subject - "Please open this attatchment". He is receiving about 400 of these a day. He is not opening them, but deletes them straight away, when he does however 100's more of the same email from the same people pile in, thus there is a backlog of these somewhere. As a result his whole email inbox is totally inefficient. Another thing I should mention, his email address is on the company website where obviously the viruses are hitting it. What i hope to do is set something up that blocks not the addresses that are sending these mails but the actuall subject title. Can one actaully do this?
Closed Thread