EM Windows Installed.. But F'ed up - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 08:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
you obviously have a hardware problem. if you look into my signature, you will see a link to 2 powermax utilities (cd or floppy). you should have powermax, already. it comes with maxtor hard drives.

download one and test your HDD. that will eliminate it from being a problem (use memtest above to check your ram to eliminate that).powermax also has an erase HDD feature that better than wiindows.
New problems have arose and I need to check my hard drive. But I use nForce 4 so the stated software program will not work. Any ideas?

Old 08-26-2005, 10:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie

About your internet connection, if you are at home, and you configure your internet to go through proxy, you will not be able to go out to internet. You need to go to internet properties, and clear the proxy check box, and just above it select automatically detect setttings. Do you have an ip address? go to start>run>type cmd>press enter>type ipconfig and press enter. If you have an ip address, try to ping google.com. If you dont, verify your cables are plugged in, and also verify that you have the NIC installed. Right Click on my computer>go to properties> select the hardware tab> choose device manager. Make sure that it is installed properly. If it is installed and you were able to ping google.com, you need into internet properties and click the advanced tab, and restore defaults. Close IE and try again.

Dual Thermaltake Aquarius III
Dual Xeons 3.06 oc\'d to 3.38
2GB Kingston Hyper X
2 120gb HDD
geforce 5200 256
Dual Monitors
Dual DVD burners
Old 08-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by wanghoeby
New problems have arose and I need to check my hard drive. But I use nForce 4 so the stated software program will not work. Any ideas?
are you using nvidia's firewall?
Old 08-26-2005, 03:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
are you using nvidia's firewall?
I was until I got the blue screen flash then restart cycle. Then shut comp down and now I can't get the OS to load up.]

When my computer ran I used the nvidia's firewall.

For more details

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=68301

Closed Thread