Editing a PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to take a scanned file and make it into a form is by using an overlay application. PDF's, allow you to work with the files as images and manipulate the data into something useful. I understand what you are wanting. You want to make the image into an input form. This is why I was suggesting pdf, since it's pretty easy. I don't know about the other apps that have been stated here, but acrobat is the one I use for this.
If you want to do this in excel, you have to recreate it. there isn't a way that I know of without overlaying multiple layers of data in word to make it work like what I think you want. Take a look at the programs mentioned, not Dragon, as it's not what you want, but the pdf apps should be close.

If you need more help, just explain what's not working or what you don't understand. Or if we're wrong, please explain it again...

I personally use scansoft's paperport 9 or 10 (the softscan form typer part). I know that you can do it in acrobat, but I never figured out how. what tool do you select in acrobat?

Yeah i heard you could do it in Adobe - but could never figure out how.

If anyone is willing to take the form from me and do - :D:D

if you want to PM me, I'll give you an email to send it to...

In acrobat, you use Text Field tool to create input areas. They can be indiviually defined and even evaluated if you want specific data in each field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom