EasyBCD issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

In Runtime
As soon as I run the program, I get an error message "No valid entries found!" before the program pops up. When I click "view settings" the same message pops up, and there is nothing displayed.

Right now I am in XP, just trying to repair my broken vista bootloader so I can remove XP and go back to vista (which I cannot boot into at all right now)

I followed each step here to the letter, nothing worked.

Under Type 2 I got this error, under Type 3, this error. At this point I'm going to go in and look for any boot files on any drive other than XP to delete. (My storage drives have held boot files before, odd configuration.)

That didn't work.... At all.
Now, I cannot boot XP or Vista. Perhaps that wasn't the best idea, :p.

I deleted 'ntldr' and 'ntdetect.com' from both of my storage drives (but neither file was on the actual disc I am attempting to boot from). I'll try to copy and replace it.

And I got an access denied error..... So, I have no idea what to do... I have access to Ubuntu and an XP recovery disk. Using these is there any way you know of to get (ultimately I only need Vista) my computer booting again?

Did you try the Recovery CD that i linked to? That will get you a straight access to the Vista drive to recovery. Can also use a Vista DVD for that as well.

Yes i know. Did you click on the link for the Vista DVD? Everything that i have said about the Recovery CD can be found right on that page.

This is the part where I reinstall....

I booted off the recovery CD, and it didn't recognize that I had vista installed, anywhere. It then asked me to load drivers for my hard drive (which I've never had to do). I just figure it won't work, and it'll be easier to start fresh. I do have a question though. In the past, I've always wound up having boot files on another drive or partition, somehow. Then, if I ever change that, I can never get my OS to boot properly (like right now). And, when I only have one drive plugged in, my computer won't boot when I plug in any other drives as well, so I have to fix the boot loader, which puts the files on the other drive.

How do I avoid this?

I need to see a shot of the Disk Management screen with all drives plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom