Easy BCD alternative for xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
I am working on an old computer which I have installed xp on the first partition and vista on the second. I am thinking of removing vista an just sticking with xp since the computer is quite old. My issue is I can delete the vista partition with partition magic in windows xp but when i boot up it still has the menu to select vista or xp.
I just want to get rid of that menu.

start > run > msconfig > Boot tab > check all boot paths > click OK to delete the one it prompts you for.

In EasyBCD go under Manage. There you will see the option to remove the BCD and restore the XP Bootloader. If you dont see it in version 1.7.2 go to the forums and get the 2.0 Beta which has this feature.

so does it work in xp? i already got rid of the vista partition because I couldn't do anything in it anyway.
I'll post up a screenshot of the boot once i go back out there. The computer there isn't exactly connected to the internet yet

Yes it works in XP. Because not all the time when you setup a dual boot do you install Vista AFTER XP. Sometimes you install XP AFTER Vista and have to be able to edit the BCD.

Not to mention all you have to do is insert the XP CD and go into the Recovery Console and do a fixboot and fixmbr which will solve all your issues.

Without EasyBCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom