DxDiag Direct Input cant be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
Whenever I run DXdiag I get this error.

'DxDiag has detected there may have been a problem accessing DirectInput the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass DirectInput this time? [YES] [NO] '

It is connected to the internet. And it would only save the information if I bypassed by pressing yes to the above.I dont know exactly what the direct input is though in all honesty but could this affect anything?

Im currently having issues with getting the game Assassins Creed to run, I was hoping maybe this could potentially the source of the problem? Anyway, how would I go about fixing this error?

Thanks for the link, ill get onto installing those.

No im not using 7. Thats the vista im currently running.

EDIT: Downloaded, said that doesnt need updating.

Those are the latest DX9 ones. So it seems that your DX10 is corrupted.

I have not even seen a way to repair or fix that issue. You can check Microsoft's site to see if they have anything. But i doubt it. May require a reinstall.

Do you mean a reinstall of the entire OS? And a few of my games have been playing up recently too. Have never been able to launch Bioshock pass the splash screen, same problem with assassins creed, UT3 wont get past the splash screen either and Dead Space goes to a black screen and just hangs!

Yes. From what i see your DirectX 10 is corrupted. There is no download for a updated version or even the version used in Vista anywhere on Microsoft's site. There is no repair feature included in Vista. So that would only leave a re-install of the entire OS to get it functioning correctly again.

If I reinstalled the OS would my files saved on the PC be wiped such as music, games etc... Would I need to back everything I want up on an external HD before reinstalling?

Why in the world do Microsoft not include some kind of backup or repair feature I dont know...prats.

There is a backup utility in Windows Vista. But it is for Business, Ultimate and Enterprise from what i know.

Yes you will have to backup your personal data. As it will be lost during the reinstall.

I cant answer why the repair was removed. I have been asking myself that question since Vista's release.

What about a system restore? Could I backdate a bit and see if that solves my problems?

Would I lose music, files etc.. if I perform a system restore?

You will only lose the information that was gathered since your last restore point. But yes that is also a option to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom