For the DX10 on XP folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
just wanted to check in and see if you are still hoping:
Alky Project

I never believed it and hope you folks will put this episode behind you. Though feel free to follow any that pick up the reigns if you so choose ;)

lol.. I expected that much...

but the isn't the Crysis Very High Hack on XP by Alky?

Gee i haev said this all along. That DX10 on XP was never gonna happen cause there was no way they could ever reproduce the engine and everything. People didnt want to listen to me saying that it worked. Guess i was right...

me too Mak! but now it's more or less official, lol
more...Since that was posted yesterday from the people responsible for it...

less...if someone picks up the reigns and convinces others it will happen ;)

Those ***** i was hoping so bad for DX10, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now i have to wait for XP SP3 with DX10, which i doubt, or wait for a cleaner version of 32 bit Vista Ultimate, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh f**K you ALKY

And with the Crysis hack, alky didnt do that, heaps of random people did it themselves, and as soon as i found out i made it even better than the hacked version or the ultra very high version thats on anouther thread, i like to call it Matt's Very High, lol.

Those ***** i was hoping so bad for DX10, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now i have to wait for XP SP3 with DX10, which i doubt, or wait for a cleaner version of 32 bit Vista Ultimate, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh f**K you ALKY
:laughing: :laughing:

This is funny. First off XP SP3 will NOT, and i repeat NOT, have DX10 for XP. DX10 is Vista only and M$ plans on keeping it that way.

Plus why are you blaming ALKY??? This task could never be accomplished. NEVER!!

The reasons are simple. They could not duplicate the engine M$ uses to produce the gfx. It is a closed source engine and only M$ knows how it works. So you blaiming ALKY is for nothing. You want to blame someone blame M$. If you dont like the fact that ALKY stopped they gave the source and everything. Finish the project yourself and dont b***h cause they didnt.:p

:laughing: :laughing:

This is funny. First off XP SP3 will NOT, and i repeat NOT, have DX10 for XP. DX10 is Vista only and M$ plans on keeping it that way.

Plus why are you blaming ALKY??? This task could never be accomplished. NEVER!!

The reasons are simple. They could not duplicate the engine M$ uses to produce the gfx. It is a closed source engine and only M$ knows how it works. So you blaiming ALKY is for nothing. You want to blame someone blame M$. If you dont like the fact that ALKY stopped they gave the source and everything. Finish the project yourself and dont b***h cause they didnt.:p
Well, I agree that it's not going to happen before XP is in the history books, but I believe it's possible to get pretty close functionality to DX10. I'm not saying it would be easy, but it's possible.

The Wine project for Linux has already gotten a lot of DirectX 9's functionality, and it is completely reverse engineered. For that matter, ReactOS has already gotten a lot of the Windows kernel reverse engineered, and if you have the right hardware, you can already run a lot of Windows software.

Where there's a will, there's a way. It would just take a long, long time, and by then no one will care anymore. Like with ReactOS, it's pretty cool, but by the time they're even in beta no one will even be using that Windows kernel anymore.

Yes you are correct that Wine and ReactOS have reverese engineered DX9 but how long has that been out?

FRom what i see DX9 was released in 2002 which gives them 6 years right now to reverse engineer it. By that time Vista will most likely be gone and Windows 7 will be released. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom