Dx10 a marketing ploy to push vista ? Cracked Crysis XP (dx10) vx Vista images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've already known about this for a while now. Yes, DX10 hasn't really shown us anything new yet. DX9 still has plenty of life in it left.

The fact that Crytek/EA barred off 'Very High' from DX9 is really a shame. What's more shameful is how easy it is to hack your way through a couple of cfg files to unlock the higher quality settings. I'd really like to see their official response to this. I can't believe they aren't getting as much heat as they should be getting...

It looks the same basically. I mean it looks like the Dx10 ones have darker shadowing. I wouldn't even call it better its just a little deeper. Dx9 on high though looks significantly worse. Though if I could play that game on high I wouldn't be rushing to get a new graphics card, high would be more than enough for me.

Isn't that due to the fact that dx9 is capable of everything dx10 is capable of doing?

I don't think it's so much that. See, one could easily get trapped in reverse logic there. DX9 is not neccesarily capable of what DX10 is capable of, it's just that right now, I think MS has shifted on too early to DX10 because DX9 is still very capable of producing new effects and visuals. I'm no programmer, but I'm sure DX10 will show more of a difference once DX9 has reached a point where it can't offer any more progression.

But who knows, maybe DX10 will just get swallowed up in time and the need for DX11 will be necessary before we see any major leap in visuals...

I don't think it's so much that. See, one could easily get trapped in reverse logic there. DX9 is not neccesarily capable of what DX10 is capable of, it's just that right now, I think MS has shifted on too early to DX10 because DX9 is still very capable of producing new effects and visuals. I'm no programmer, but I'm sure DX10 will show more of a difference once DX9 has reached a point where it can't offer any more progression.

But who knows, maybe DX10 will just get swallowed up in time and the need for DX11 will be necessary before we see any major leap in visuals...

Good point. I could easily see Dx10 being at its infantile steps. But seeing it get flop until it's obsolete via Dx11 would be interesting.

It would be much nicer if windows offered some type of update for xp to include Dx10. I suppose that would be the alternate option most of us would really appreciate.

Good point. I could easily see Dx10 being at its infantile steps. But seeing it get flop until it's obsolete via Dx11 would be interesting.

It would be much nicer if windows offered some type of update for xp to include Dx10. I suppose that would be the alternate option most of us would really appreciate.

Well, I highly doubt DX10 will ever be released for XP. I would go as far as saying that it's an impossibility and that it's not even necessary. We've seen with a game like Crysis that we can still squeeze a lot more juice out of DX9. Crysis is apparently so advanced that it brings current systems to their knees. So Crysis graphics could represent mainstream graphics a year or two from now. Also remember that some very visually promising console games like Killzone 2 for PS3 are using DX9 rendering.

Taking this into consideration, as long as hardware gets progressively better, then DX9 will see more visual improvement as time goes on. I believe that DX10 just can't overrun DX9 yet, and might not have the ability to do so for a while.

Anyway, that's my $0.02 on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom