dvd's dont play

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
i never watch films on my pc, but i put a dvd in and it opened up windows media player. but it said some crap like there were missing codec's, it displayed the film title at the top in white but it wouldnt play, same thing with some films i downloaded, however it does somtimes work with other films, any ideas??

Windows Media Player is very bad for viewing DVD's. Have you already installed an MPEG2 decoder? I would use something like Cyberlink Power DVD or something of the like as I have had good luck with that MPEG2 decoder thus far.

cool, so, is that like a totally sperate programme which will alklow me to watch dvds? where can i get it/ is it free?

It is not free.

After installing PowerDVD, the DVD's will also work in Windows Media Player because it will use the PowerDVD MPEG2 decoder to play DVD's.

hmm, i see $50 i dont mind paying but, any other sugestions that are a bit cheaper?

i downloaded the trail version of power dvd but for some films it says unsupported format?

Try googling "wmp codecs" there are many free codec packs out in the cyber world. All lot of times its hit or miss but in the past i have had success with some free codec packs. I cant remember the names or i would point you in the righ direction.http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/gmm/fwmediaplayers.html Here is a good (trusted) site with alot of popular freeware i browsed through some of them and it looks as if a couple should suit your needs. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom