DVD won't play (on my computer) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2004, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default DVD won't play (on my computer)

i was in the middle of watching a movie on my computer (using PowerDVD) and all the sudden it freezes, so i closed it tried to open it back up and it says:

Error Code: F4D41436
The TV Out port of your display card is not working properly.
then when you click detailed it says:

This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled.
i've watched lots of movies on my computer and i've never had this problem before. Whats going on??

EDIT: i tried playing it in InterActual and it says:

Error PL4010: A Macrovision® error occurred while trying to play the DVD. Your current display driver may not support Macrovision® protected DVD video, or you may be using a display mode not supported by your system. Please refer to your video hardware manufacturer for information about Macrovision® support.
another thing, i just installed service pack 2

Old 08-15-2004, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I think your last sentence may have summed up why I am going to avoid SP2 for a while. It is probably some anti-piracy feature that is not working like intended.

Old 02-28-2005, 01:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

what is your video card?
Old 02-28-2005, 03:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Did you try restarting and whatnot? If you are utilizing the tv-out port (or a piece of software is) and then the pice of software freezes up and s forcefully terminated (crtl+alt+del) then often the tv-port is still left open (but is no longer being addressed by the piece of software) and when the software is reopened it sees the tv-port as being in use by another piece of software (even though it was just using it a second ago, but never was told to stop using it).

Usually restarting fixes that issue, which probably isn't even the problem, but then again...maybe
Old 02-28-2005, 09:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Field Engineer
Send a message via AIM to SHAWN

sp2 strikes again
A+, Network + , HP Certified Tech and MCP

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Asus M477TD, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 1T, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, ATi HD4650, W7, 27" HL272 Monitor
Closed Thread