dvd-rom wont read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznkitten

Beta member
i came across this website searching for ways to fix my DVD problem. http://www.techist.com/computer/topic/10156.html <-this is the problem i am having. except i have two separate roms, one is a cd-rw and my dvd rom is a samsung sd-608.

my os is windows 98 se.
i use powerdvd to watch dvd.

and one of the advices from that thread is to dl another dvd player, so thats what i am doing at the moment. but i would love other suggestions and advices because this is really frustrating!! :(

You need at least Windows Millenium ,right video card and sound card.for dvd support and a dvd player.Powerdvd is the best.
It all works fine for me,
ATI 9000 pro,128
SB Audigy2
and 4.1 surround speakers.

Read problems with Samsung SD-608

Some optical drives don't work properly if they are attached on the same IDE port. If you have a CD-Rom and a DVD-Rom try splitting them to seperate IDE ports. Don't forget to switch the master slave jumpers on the back of the drives.
Also there is a firmware update for the Samsung SD-608 ver Bp 2.3 available from Dell. You have to format a bootable MS-Dos floppy and then add the files to the disk. Reboot your computer and the autoexec.bat file will run the flash program for you. Don' touch anything until it lets you know its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom