DVD not working, not a hardware problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nausicaa

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have this wierd problem that I can't get rid of, here it is...

A couple of days ago my DVDs stopped playing, I tried them on my DVD Rom and my DVD RAM, both are doing the same thing, when I put the DVD in and boot it, then an error message appears, and it closes the program, I tried it with AsusDVD and windows media player and both are doing the same thing...

It's not hardware related because both players r doing the same thing, and not software related because both programs r doing the same thing...

I tried a lot of things but nothing's helping, I tried to restore to a previous point, it worked for one movie and then the next day it was happening again....The wierdest thing is that I formatted my computer, formatted both HDs on my computer, reinstalled Win XP, then I watched a movie and everything was fine, and today I tried to watch another movie and the problem came back...

So even after the format it came back...I don't have any virus or spyware that I know of, I have norton antivirus 2005 updated, and I have ad-aware SE personnal and Spybot S&D....

If there is another program that I installed that is causing this then it's hard to know which one, because I installed all these ones....Evequest, Evequest 2, World of warcraft, Si Meier's pirates, Path of RYL, Rome Total war, Steam and CS, Baldur's gate 2, Heroes of Might & Magic 4, Lords of everquest, Daemon tools, Winzip, winRAR, Azereus...

These are the programs I installed since yesterday when I played a DVD and it worked...

Thank you for your help

Not a cable problem

I don't have another machine, and the cables aren't the problem in my opinion, because if they were then I wouldn't be able to play other video formats...which I can...I can play anything except for DVD format...And when I formatted after the problem persisted, everything started working again....then everything stopped working...

Found the problem

Hello,

Thank you all for the help...I finally found the problem...

My daemon tools was interfering with my AsusDVD playback program...

I got interplay winDVD now and everything is perfect :)

I discovered thee problem by uninstalling each and every program on my computer and trying to work the DVDs with each one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom