Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. tech said:
My mum bought some DVD cds... It says on the front

DVD-R
DVD Recordable/DVD inscriptable
1-16x Speed
4.7GB Single Sided

Do you think that will work? The guy at the shop said DVD+R will only work on cheap DVD players not the DVD-R...

What do you think? Will it work? I onyl have a cheapo DVD players...

tell rip van wrinkle to wake up. that was true 6 years ago. not now

these days dvd+r are more compatible on dvd players. dvd-r are more compatible on old as **** dvd players (2000 and before).

who has a dvd players that more than 5 years old? nobody.

most dvd players start messing up after 3 1/2 years.
I had 1000.00 toshiba in 1997 (I was one the first people to own a dvd player. I was an avid laser disc collector prior to this). it died in 2000. I then got a 2500 pioneer dv 09.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews/dv09.html

it started dying in 2003 (by not going to the second part of the dual layer. that the first sign of a dying dvd player). I sold it for 400.00

I've been playing around with TMPGenc DVD Author... Do I need to convetr my AVi files to MPEGs in order to put them on a DVD?

Most likely. I use DVD Architect 3. I love it. It lets me put music and video in my menus. I can animate the background and the thumbnail. I can have a scene selection menu and place chapters in the movie. It has many more features. And since I have Vegas 6 its the perfect combination.

Mr. tech said:
I've been playing around with TMPGenc DVD Author... Do I need to convetr my AVi files to MPEGs in order to put them on a DVD?

Well i havent changed any of my files formats. They are still all .avi's when i burn them and they turn out alright.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom