DVD burning software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abo-Jo

Solid State Member
Is there a recommended DVD recording package that is able to satisfy these needs:

Runs on XP

Allows DVD-ROMs and DVD-Video to be recorded

Encodes MPEG2 streams at various bitrates to allow the maximum length of the movie to be set

I have used Instant VOB before but when any other CDR software is installed on Win 2K or XP the CD and DVD drives are removed from the system and will not return until a full reinstall of the OS.

Thanks!

Nero's good for DVD's, but I don't have a DVDRW so I don't know about the mpeg encoding. You may need some extra software just for that.

cheers

?
I have used Instant VOB before but when any other CDR software is installed on Win 2K or XP the CD and DVD drives are removed from the system and will not return until a full reinstall of the OS.
Does it work after you reinstall?

I don't have a DVD burner, but I do have a CD burner. There are a couple of programs that state you can burn DVD's with your CD burner.

Anyone tried that? Does it work?

DMo224 said:
?Does it work after you reinstall?

I don't have a DVD burner, but I do have a CD burner. There are a couple of programs that state you can burn DVD's with your CD burner.

Anyone tried that? Does it work?

No it doesnt work its all bull! dvds run on a different type of laser than normal cds.

I've just bought Nero 5.5.8.1 and burned a couple of DVD-ROM discs. Worked a treat. Nero only want s pre-formed VOB files etc. in order to do the DVD-Video discs.

I've been using the discs from Bulkpaq. Even though they burn at 1x speed they seem to be OK.

I've heard that using a Pioneer disc and swapping it can fool the drive into allowing 2x recording. Is this true?

If you select full startup instead of selective startup in the tools menu of windows this may solve the problem of windows loosing your drives.

although copying dvd with an ordinary cd burner is impossible, you can convert them to mpeg or mpg and then burn them with nero and it will still works.. though you should probably know that mpeg and mpg are almost (or without the almost) the less quality video type of files and when trying to see it on the dvd it will, hmm, sux ;)
the best way is to convert dvds to divx files (many programs do that) and see them on the computer.. divx rocks, and looks good too..

I guess nothing of this answers to the problem, but I just notted... 'need it or leave it'..

cheers (b) m8!

I use dvdx to copy dvd,s to vcd or svcd and the quality is very good
and it is very easy to use
it takes a long time to copy,
I let it run overnight ave 6-8 hours
then I use nero to copy files onto disks
it will split file to fit film onto two disks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom