[DUMB QUESTION] Windows Media Centre Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT ASKING FOR A SERIAL NUMBER HERE.
DO NOT POST/PM/EMAIL SERIAL NUMBER.

QUESTION 1
Does windows media centre edition normally comes with a serial or OEM/Serial number ?

The reason why I ask was that MS sent me some media for the WINXP-MCE, but there is one serial number with it.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT ASKING FOR A SERIAL NUMBER. DO NOT POST/PM/EMAIL SERIAL NUMBER.
DO NOT POST/PM/EMAIL SERIAL NUMBER.

QUESTION 2
What does windows media centre edition do that Windows XP not do (and vice-versa) ?

SkyHi said:
You could always use google, if you wish to use your brain :)

Brain is there, but just too busy on work right now (and i got my higher ups wanting to know answers yesterday)

I have a home built MCE 2005. if you go to the right place, the cd only cost 130.00 for it. you will need a wce certifies capture card to watch and record tv like nvidia NVTV hardware encoder 79 to 99 dollars. it has a 60 day activation with a serial.

but the best part about it is the remote and IR extender (20 bucks on ebay). I have my mce edition hook up to my 50 in tv and my stereo system and you can control your computer from your couch through your tv even though the comp is in the opposite corner of the room. you can record and pause live tv, listen to your music and browse your pictures. you can even watch you mpeg and avi files on your computer without any converting

they have a buncch of other features that you have to pay for like download a movie and watching it for 3 days (like a video rental). after you install it it have an espn segment included that's free

here is it minimized as I couldn't capture it full sized

the one thing that I don't like is that it only burn data dvd's. they promote it like it burn dvd video but it don't you have to pay extra for some arcsoft software

wce1.jpg

WCE.jpg

that's beast, so what cable do you run into your computer? cause i have a 42" HDTV in my basement and i may put my next computer down there....

I have a 25 inch S- video and coaxial (SPDIF) cable running to a yamaha 1200 watt receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom