Dual Win XP boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuthroat

Baseband Member
Ok, so I had this idea, and im looking for someone to tell me whether its possible or not.

I am an avid gamer, and also surf the web, and use and install utilities. The problem I have ran into is that over time consistantly my system slows down. Im sure this is due to installing and uninstalling programs, and all the other work I do on the computer. So when its game time my system is a bit retarded and slow.

So I thought of an idea that might work. I would run two hard drivers both with an operating system on them. One for surfing and burning cd's and other non gaming activities. The other for simply gaming. I would still visit the internet with the gaming side, but only for updates and drivers and such.

So my question is would this work and could I boot to either the gaming hard drive and or the surfing hard drive as I wanted?

Would this solve the problem? I dont care if my surfing side is a bit slow and backed up with files, I can always reformat it as needed..

But would the gaming side stay relatively clean and ready for gaming at the highest levels?

Thanks for you input im hoping some smart people out there can help me with this and advise...

I have never tested to see if there is a difference in performance but i do have two hard drives each running windows xp pro. It makes since that it should work.

Once you have the two different bootable OS loaded it will give you an option screen after the POST asking you to select which OS you want to load to. You can even go into the boot.ini file and change the names so you can easily tell them apart. If you don't change the names they both will say the same thing if you put the same OS on each hard drive.

Thanks, if im correct, then the gaming side would never get corrupted with registry problems spyware and such if im not using it to surf and or install many programs.

I used to do the same kinda thing long ago before win95 with a autoexec menu option that loaded things set up for gaming. Im hoping this kind of set up will solve the problems of computer performance on the gaming side.

thanks for you input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom