Dual Os Need Urgent Help! - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: Dual Os Need Urgent Help!

I think in all important respects XP is a direct descendant of windows 2k and is based on the NT kernel. Granted its been adapted for the home user market but it's beating heart is NT.

Windows NT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Intel core I7 920
6GB OCZ platinum 1600
XFX HD4890
Noctua nh-u12p
Corsair HX520
Antec 300
Samsung 1TB F1 Spinpoint
Samsung SM2443BW 24"
Old 05-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Dual Os Need Urgent Help!

All kernel are based off one another. The NT kernel was derived from the 9X kernel. All the kernel are composed of aspects from the previous OS and used before. Vista is the 6th generation of the Kernel Microsoft has used.

Being as such you can not classify XP as a NT based system because it was not intended for Server use which is what the NT based system were for. Windows 7 the next generation is supposed to be the first line of Windows OS to have a completely new Kernel using the MinWin Kernel.

So in that aspect that you are talking Mr.Coffee NT is 9X based as that kernel used in 2000 was previously used in ME and 98 as well. The kernel goes as far back as Windows 3.1 and before.

So to classify XP as NT is to say that NT is 9X and so on.

A Windows OS in not specifically classified by its Kernel. It is more based on what it can do.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread