Dual monitors ... full-screen video, somehow? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Dual monitors ... full-screen video, somehow?

Does anyone know of a way to set up a *full screen* video spanned across two monitors? I know you can stretch the player, but that leaves the top and bottom bars... and at least Winamp and Windows Media Player, both use a single display when going full-screen with no other options (that I've found), any solutions?

Danke.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Neowin.net

Default Re: Dual monitors ... full-screen video, somehow?

see if this helps... Using Multiple Monitors with Windows XP

Old 06-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Patron

use a program called "ultramon" I have used several multi-mon software suites and ultramon is the best it adds 2 little buttons next to open and close to stretch the video between all monitors and also quick flip to flip a program from one monitor to the other.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltynay View Post
use a program called "ultramon" I have used several multi-mon software suites and ultramon is the best it adds 2 little buttons next to open and close to stretch the video between all monitors and also quick flip to flip a program from one monitor to the other.
ECTech's page mentioned that too, but I'm having the trouble of it having the two bars - title on top and 1" media controls on the bottom (using UltraMon to maximize it). If there was a way to get rid of that... Or just a program that could do "full screen" somewhat on its own. Hmm.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Patron

well the inbuilt nvidia drivers and software made my dual-screen into one super stretched screen I suppose you could set it up through that annoyed me no end though
Old 06-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltynay View Post
well the inbuilt nvidia drivers and software made my dual-screen into one super stretched screen I suppose you could set it up through that annoyed me no end though
That would fix it if I could get that going...but I'm afraid either Vista or the 8800 driver/utility is limiting that option. Right now it expands across the other screen, but every app. goes to a single screen when doing the "fullscreen" option.

I thought of a easy fix if it'd work - a simple app. to resize the window beyond my screen size, then recenter it off-screen...but apparently WMP along with (all?) other apps won't let you change the height beyond that of your resolution, yet it doesn't mind the horizontal size? Annoying...
Old 06-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Winamp wins again! A FYI for those who are interested in doing the same...

Using AutoIt, you can easily adjust the window so it's off the screen, and scaled so the movie fits perfectly...with this simple one-liner:
Code:
WinMove("Winamp Video", "", -4, -16, 3208, 1252)
Which is for two 1600*1200 monitors...so yeah, there's one solution until something better comes along. I'm happy...

Thanks for the suggestions all.