Dual Monitor/TV XP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Dual Monitor/TV XP

Hi. I am running windows XP with a budget XFX Geforce 8400. With my old computer that was XP also I had an old ATI. What I was able to do with the ATI was have my main monitor setup perfectly and my TV connected with an S-Video to 3RCA cable.

It showed up fine in the properties where you set resolution for the 2 screens with the ATI card. The TV was black background, I could drag applications to it and that is what I am aiming to do.

With the new geforce card I am only able to clone the two screens. I tried the geforce software and it only lets me clone.

Please help so that I am able to dual monitor with my LCD as main with regular desktop and my TV as a second "screen" with a black background that I can drag apps onto.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: Dual Monitor/TV XP

take a look at this... MaxiVista - Multi Monitor Software

here is another, Realtime Soft UltraMon

Old 08-15-2007, 10:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chillin Techie
Default Re: Dual Monitor/TV XP

extend the software instead of cloning it. use display properties
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Closed Thread