dual monitor spreadscreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldj

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have my nice dual monitors here (19" & 15", both acer LCD) and each one is acting like a separate monitor. I've heard of this 'spreadscreen' thingy, where it acts like one big widescreen monitor. How can I achieve this? (Im using Vista, if that helps)

Thanks,

Donald J

i was thinking about what you have done, how much did that cost you. i wouldnt personally have it widescreen. i like the idea of playing games on 1 and msn on the other:D

It didn't cost me anything... I just found an old beat up monitor in my basement, convinced my brother that it was better than his 15" LCD :laughing: and used that with my current 19" LCD... i did need to borrow a DVI to VGA converter, cause my Video card has one of each (VGA & DVI)... but those only cost about 15$ new... could probly pick one up used somewhere fairly cheap.

cool i wont need a new graphics card as i already have 1 with vga n dvi, just finding another flat screen moniter.Any1 know any cheap sites i dont want a used 1? why did u need to barrow a DVI to VGA. wont it be VGA to DVI so it will fit in your DVI slot?

What, how did you get it to be two independent screens? Mine as far as I know only let me have it continue the screen.

Right click the desktop and go to desktop and setting or something like that. Then you have to check a box in the same area as where you adjust the resolution.

Yeah... i basically DOES just extend the screen, but if you want to maximize a window, it maximizes to fit the screen it currently occupies. If you want to watch a DVD, it plays only in the primary monitor. What I'm looking for is the computer to recognize the 2 monitors as one, big long wide screen.

Do you have a nVidia or ATi video card? I know the nVidia control panel you have the option to use both monitors as either dual view, clone or independent. Which means you can either use both monitors as 1 big one. Use them as a clone of each other. Or you can use them seperately.

Check your video card control panel. Not the windows one. the right click on desktop>Settings one.

Depends what you want them for.
Travel and movability - Laptop
Multitasking, power, but all in one place - Dual Monitor.

Also, using MaxiVista you can use your laptop as a second monitor for your PC. Pretty useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom