dual monitor performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedideal

Baseband Member
I'm posting this on the hardware forum as well to see if I can get a different angle. The situation is: ATI RADEON 9200 AGP and GeForce FX 5200 PCI. I can get them to work together in dual monitors, but my primary (AGP card) monitor sacrifices OpenGL speed and my secondary monitor (PCI) sacrifices everything except for a picture on the screen (lowest resolution and 4-bit color and can't change it). Does anyone have a suggestion on how I might change this. Oh, and I'm using Ultramon now to attempt to get them to work, but it's not doing too well.

There's no way it would work like that because when you use the agp slot all of the graphics capability go to it first then any that may be left can go to pci or integrated.

But that's what I want to happen. I want all the graphics to go to the AGP. I've got all the latest drivers installed. Please, someone actually help me on this.

Does your ATI RADEON 9200 AGP support dual monitor? if it does just get a dvi to crt converter and use both monitors through one video card. If not then buy a card that has this feature. Motherboards do not support the use of two video cads, yeah you do have a pci card but when you think about it you should stay away from pci cards what it comes to video cards, thats why many manufaturers use agp slots, they are more reliable, pci slot dont tranfer enough data rate as most of todays card need to perform.

You need use Nvida's software to control all of the settings Dl it form Nvidia (Nview or something) ther eyou can controll everything I just did but MY AGP was a Nvdia and MY PCI was a ATI may not work the other way around since you can install both sets of info I tried. I will see if i can get you the website to DL it from Once i get my problems solved on my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom