Dual Monitor App Mover Utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samh

Beta member
Short version:

Is there a way to pop an app from one screen to the other in a dual screen display setup when you can't see one of the displays? Not keen on resetting windows display properties everytime. A utility, or built in XP functionality would be great.

Long version:

This is slightly convoluted so please bear with me...

I have a dual monitor setup under XP. My main machine is connected to both monitors via DVI connections. I also have a second machine, that is connected to one of the monitors via an unused Dsub port.

The way I use this is usually with my main machine running both monitors in dual display modes. Occasionally though, I switch the second monitor over to the DSub, displaying the other computer.

In that mode I have 2 computers going with single displays, but the primary computer is still configured for dual displays in windows display settings.

The problem is, when I launch an app on the primary computer, if it was last run on the monitor that is now displaying the secondary computer, I can't see it. At this point, I have to switch back to both monitors on the primary computer, and drag the offending app over.

Is there a way to pop an app from one screen to the other in a dual screen display setup when you can't see one of the displays? Not keen on resetting windows display properties everytime. A utility, or built in XP functionality would be great.

ultramon

I think that should be possible with ultramon, not at home at the mo though so can't test to be sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom