Dual Booting Win7 32 and 64 Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzmxer608

Fully Optimized
I have a game that isn't running correctly. I think it's because I'm using a 64-bit OS and not 32-bit (it ran correctly on Vista 32-bit, I know it's Vista and not 7 but other people are having the same exact problem on Vista 64-bit). I have the retail version of Windows 7 Home Premium, it came with both the 32 and 64 bit installer cd's, but only one registration key. If I would dual boot with both versions, would I only legally be able to use one of them since they would be using the same registration key? I know there is this in the faq:
Now what i mean by that is you can install the OS and activate it by the Internet on that number of machines. This can only be done 1 machine at a time. You can only have 1 copy activated and operating on the Internet at any given time to be within the EULA and terms of the license agreement to be fully legal.
I'm not quite sure if this fits since it really is only one machine, but it is one registration key for two different operating systems.

No you cant. Even it being the same machine you would have to uninstall the 64 Bit version first. That is how the license works. Only 1 active install at any time. Even dual booting where only one can be active at any time still falls into this category since you technically have it installed twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom