Dual Boot Vista English / Vista Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
My co-workers has a notebook computer. Currently it's load with Chinese Windows Vista. The problem that he is now having is that he has some software that will only work English Windows Environment.

Orginally we were thinking about dual boot Windows Xp English / Vista Chinese. However the problem is that there are no XP driver support for this notebook computer (especially the Press F6 during Setup Hard Drive controller driver)

Is it possible to run a dual boot with Vista English / Vista Chinese? I do remember that this was possible under Xp, however you needed to us a program like BOOT magic as the 2 operating system partitions will clash with out it.

I don't see why not. Would just have to use EasyBCD to edit the boot entries and you should be good to go.

I don't see why not. Would just have to use EasyBCD to edit the boot entries and you should be good to go.

What he said is right. Just install the English version then use EasyBCD to rename the entries to Chinese and English or jsut add the EN after the english version for clarification.

Either way it is fully possible. Not much is needed either. In fact EasyBCD will only be needed for the renaming of the entries as they will both read Microsoft Windows Vista. Cause it should auto add the 2nd Vista entry no problem. The suggestion of EasyBCD is just so that they can rename the entries so that they can distinguish which entry is for which OS.

Sorry for the long winded response. Wanted to make sure i covered it all. :p

Might be able to install the English Language Pack on the Chinese version as well. That might allow for use of the software without dual booting.

What he said is right. Just install the English version then use EasyBCD to rename the entries to Chinese and English or jsut add the EN after the english version for clarification.

Either way it is fully possible. Not much is needed either. In fact EasyBCD will only be needed for the renaming of the entries as they will both read Microsoft Windows Vista. Cause it should auto add the 2nd Vista entry no problem. The suggestion of EasyBCD is just so that they can rename the entries so that they can distinguish which entry is for which OS.

Sorry for the long winded response. Wanted to make sure i covered it all. :p

Pretty much covers it :p. Lol I shoulda explained a bit more, but I was in a hurry :p.

Might be able to install the English Language Pack on the Chinese version as well. That might allow for use of the software without dual booting.
If only it was that simple.

We have found that the software that I use for programing cash registers will not work on chinese OS.

Keyboard, is the guy bi lingual or did he just buy a cheep laptop? An weird i didn't know that the Chinese version wont work with cash registers, wonder what's up with that.

If only it was that simple.

We have found that the software that I use for programing cash registers will not work on chinese OS.

IF you install teh English Language pack you should be able to change it to English thru the Region settings. Not fully 100% on that. But it should be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom