Dual boot system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celticsfan

Banned
I am about to wipe my PC clean and setup a dual boot system. When it comes to drivers, which ones do I need to download and place on a floppy. I know I have to put my network adapters on it but are there any others I need before I wipe my system clean? Please let me know.

thx

Hello,

What operating systems are involved?

If you've got a SATA hard drive, and you're planning on installing Windows XP, then you'll need the SATA drivers on a floppy disk to install then during Windows XP setup (if SATA native mode is left enabled).

I'm guessing you are going xp/vista dual boot? The only drivers you really need to worry about are for the NIC. Once you have internet connectivity just grab updates and that will cover most of your devices.

I am dual booting server 2000 and server 2003. So just nic and I should be all set and then I can d/l service packs, right? No sata on this pc.

thanks guys.

Nic is important. But you might also want your GFX drivers. But Nic will be the most important.

I usually dont even bother with the graphics card because they update the drivers so often, i just use the standard default video and update it after the reinstall.

Yes. Some onboard video adapters drivers are not that easy to come about. So it is best to have them backed up. If you use a GFX card then you can just go tot he site as well.

The only reason i say back them up now is because you might be stuck with 600x480 till you get them downloaded after you get the NIC isntalled and the rest of the stuff updated. If you have them right away you wont have to deal with that.

Can someone please help me out with finding the correct drivers? My display adapter is a matrox graphics mga-g200 agp ..... I appreciate your help.

thx

Use CPUz to find the make and model of the mother board. From there use google to get the main site for them. They should have them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom