Dual boot with RAID 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknight1234

Baseband Member
I bought Windows Pro and Office from my school for 15 bucks. I installed the 32 bit version of Win Pro (I was a idiot and didn't even see Win 64 was included). I just created another partition and want to install Win 64 and get everything caught up in a dual boot before I switch to it exclusively.

My question is this: Do I need to install different drivers for my raid 0? My mobo (with the controller) comes with 32 and 64 bit raid drivers...do I need both to run both?

my guess is yes you would due to the dual boot begins before the other drivers actually are recognized i would just do a new install with the 64bit drivers which with being a tech i would try it just to see if it works if it dont i would just reimage the drive oh never forget when playing around always make a image of your drive/s first. but i would contact the board manufacture first. to make sure i hate boards that dont do raid at hard-ware lvl.

you would need 64bit EVERYTHING. all new drivers specially for your raid or your hard drives wont show up. when you get it install you will need all new drivers for everything installed and need 64bit version of anti-virus, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom