dual boot os = dual other softwares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh and I've been using VMplayer...

Wow I feel dumb :p So if I was to install on a separate partition I could take full advantage of my system?
I only have a 4 GB flash drive could I install from here?

So this would be an example of a partition...
partition.jpg

Ahh and I've been using VMplayer...

Wow I feel dumb :p So if I was to install on a separate partition I could take full advantage of my system?
I only have a 4 GB flash drive could I install from here?

So this would be an example of a partition...
partition.jpg

OMG.. what a no no you have there.. what if you have to ever re-install windows? how would you back up all that data.. your second drive should have all your media that is taking up so much space on your C drive. your C drive should be "pied" just like a pie it should be sliced up for your different OS's and the spare drive should host all your media..

@ suxor

i completely agree with hampton, you MUST move all your important datas, documents and multimedia files (considering those are the ones taking up so much space in you first hd) to your second hd (but not before slicing the second hd into several smaller partitions for better handling)

then you can also partition your first hd into several smaller sections, putting your os in one, installed programs in another (reinstalling os will not delete your 3rd party programs), and perhaps 2nd or 3rd os on several other partitions.

if you keep your current hd configuration you will have big problem in clean install of os since it will ERASE all data from the hd, once partitioned clean install will only erase data from the partition use by the os

Yeah I have been meaning to move stuff

What should I keep on the C? I thought maybe loading it from another partition would run my hard drive constantly :/

Hmm can anyone give me a quick example? I wanna get on it right away

BTW if I do slice it into partitions, is there a way I can install Windows 7 and keep my Vista install? I wanna use all my system for 7 but don't have a Vista cd to fall back on

Thanks guys! that's why I love it here...

Yes, Windows 7 automatically creates a boot entry for Vista. Did with my XP install as well.

Thanks for the replies
If I aren't mistaking partitioning a drive requires backup since it erases the drive?
Does it erase the drive you partition only? Or the whole thing?

I would want to split my C:/ drive up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom