dual boot os = dual other softwares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_ming

Baseband Member
hi,

i'm currently running on xp sp2, and want to try dual boot with windows 7 on another drive, question will be: do i have to re-install separate softwares for windows 7? i still have yet another quite unused partition, so i prefer to install additional softwares into that partition without adding into w7 partition, can anyone show me the how-to?

thanks in advance

So you have 3 partitions? 1 with your current XP SP2 and 2 empty? you will need to install all programs and drivers.. tho update installs some drivers for you.

Note: Each partition for each OS should be empty because the install will format the partition automatically.

Yes you will have to reinstall the software. Unless it is stand alone software that can be run from any where. But things like Firefox, Office among games must be installed on each OS.

thanks! i got it.

i have two hds, five partitions, the newer one is the default hd running on xp sp2, i have installed w7 on my unused hd from previous pc build, and it still runs admirably.

I have reinstalled all the programs i need (MS Office 07, Foxit, Firefox, GOM), and it runs beautifully (so far). However there is no sound coming out from my speakers. Turned out the default audio output from w7 is from S/PDIF digital and i can't find options for the analogue output. I will reinstall the audio driver, hopefully this solves the problem.

thanks! i got it.

I have reinstalled all the programs i need (MS Office 07, Foxit, Firefox, GOM), and it runs beautifully (so far). However there is no sound coming out from my speakers. Turned out the default audio output from w7 is from S/PDIF digital and i can't find options for the analogue output. I will reinstall the audio driver, hopefully this solves the problem.

Had a similar problem, Win 7 installed a driver for audio but it no workied:confused::confused::confused: So I used the computability option on the driver and reinstalled it and it worked great. I love Win 7. Gonna miss it if it isn't released before the shutdown date in August.

Dauntae

hi dauntae (and everybody else)

i tried reinstalling realtek audio driver provided by the mobo manufacturer, chose the vista version, but was unable to execute the install. As i understand w7's nearest relative is vista? search through google for solution was unsuccessful, all the driver leads to vista as the most recent os supported, can you tell me how to run computability on the audio driver (assuming you also have realtek)?

thanks in advance

RealTek HD or what version of RealTek? There are several answers at the Win7 Beta Forums that i could direct you to.

hi dauntae (and everybody else)

i tried reinstalling realtek audio driver provided by the mobo manufacturer, chose the vista version, but was unable to execute the install. As i understand w7's nearest relative is vista? search through google for solution was unsuccessful, all the driver leads to vista as the most recent os supported, can you tell me how to run computability on the audio driver (assuming you also have realtek)?

thanks in advance

Right click the file then select from the right click menu "Trouble shoot Compatibility" and then select Vista from the drop menu, that should do it for you.

@ mak123

my mobo manuals says ADI1986A 6-channel codec (high definition audio), it must be realtek HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom