Dual boot a jump drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josingleton

Baseband Member
I have two 8GB jump drives and I frequently use a winpe type bootable program on one and I use the other for a linux bootable drive for installs or troubleshooting. What I would like to do is dual boot both jump drives so that I can have more functionality and not need to get more jump drives. The winpe program I mentioned is actually a program called PC Rental Agent. This is a program that I install on our inventory computers and it allows me to remotely lock down a computer if the customer has not made a timely payment. When I boot to this drive, it has a menu that allows me to either boot to the PC Rental Agent program, or proceed with booting to xp, vista, or 7, whichever is installed. Perhaps it would be possible to partition the drive and add a section into this menu to boot to either partition of the drive. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Sorry without knowing the software or the boot menu that it uses we cant be of help. Since it isnt Windows based, meaning uses the boot.ini like XP or the BCD like Vista/Win7 there is not going to be a way to do it. Maybe using Linux and GRUB you can. But since that software has its own loader you will have to contact the developers of the software and see if there is a way to add a Linux entry or see if you can get GRUB to do it.

Ok thanks. I found a program called GRUB4DOS which I am trying now. I may just leave pcrentalagent on one drive and use the other to multiboot. I'll update this post after I finish whether I am successful or not.

I have found several tutorials online instructing how to create a multiple boot usb drive, but I haven't been successful. If anyone has any ideas or general pointers on how this might be accomplished, please post . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom