Dual Boot---Boot.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwj3620

Beta member
I need help, I am running a dual boot along with TWO hard drives (therfore three total operating system boots). My primary HD is partitioned with two partitions running XP on each partition. At system startup I have the options in my Boot.ini file to select which operating system to boot up(XP 1 or XP 2), thats all ok but, I am also running Win Millenium on my secondary HD with a single partition and cannot figure out the correct Boot.ini instruction line to put in the Primary boot HD file so my secondary HD with Win Millenium boots. If I go into my bios and flip/ flop the secondary and primary HD's I am them be able to boot Win Millenium, but I want to have the ability to do this via the primary drive Boot menu!!
Please help with any detailed instuctions about the command line in XP Boot.ini file which will get me there.
Craig Johnson
cwj3620@yahoo.com

better use Bootstart BootManager

I used it with 5 OS's on 2 Harddrives

-Win95
-Win98SE
-WinME
-Win2k
-WinXP

IS REALLY GREAT! stop ****ing with the bot.ini

XP Boot.ini will not allow you to boot a non NT based OS. This is cause the files that will be looked for are not there. Take the Major's suggestion and use a third party, as that will give you want you want. if you has XP/2k on all drives, then that would be another matter...

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom