drwtsn32.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy

Daemon Poster
Ok here's my problem: Ever since I got a big update from Microsoft Automatic Updates telling me I need updates, my task bar has been freezing up. For some reason, I have a quick launch button for programs I don't want, so I right click them to delete them.

Problem is, whenever I right click on the taskbar, it freezes up.

After doing some extensive reasearch on Google I have found that it's a process called DrWatson.exe that is doing it. Now I know Windows has a debugger called that but I also know there is a virus called that.

Not to be rude, but don't tell me to check for spyware or get my virus definitions up to date, this is an annoying problem, please help me!

BTW: I ran start/run/drwtsn32.exe and I disabled the debugger, it still does it, does that mean I have the virus?

Moved to OS and Software. - Shakie

MicroBell said:
Is drwtsn32.exe listed in your startup folder? You said you disabled the debugger by the run command..but have prevented it from loading in the first place? What OS are you using? (assuming XP)

If you think windows update caused this issue...then try system restore to a point before the update. The install the updates 1 at a time (Don't group them together) and see which one is causing the issue.

Ya it isn't in my start up. I'll do a restore and see how it goes, thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom