DRM error

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmum

Baseband Member
hi I seem to have come up with this error (error code=0xc00d277f)and have tried a heap of things to fix it and nothing seems to work a windows media player licence error and I cant play any of the little movies I have downloaded so if anyone can help please do thanks heaps in advance
madmum:eek:

What version of WMP ar you using? 9 or 10 or maybe older...Go to Tools, Options Privacy, uncheck "Acquire licenses automatically for protected content" and see if that helps. You also might have your region set different that what its supposed to be. Did you burn these or just download them? If those dont work, redownload WMP from Microsoft.com

If that dont work, do this:

Reset Windows Media DRM by deleting all the files in the Windows Media DRM folder. Note that the Windows Media DRM folder is a hidden system folder. To view hidden files and folders, follow these steps:a. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
b. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
c. Click Show hidden files and folders, and then click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box.
The following are the typical locations of the Windows Media DRM folder, depending on your operating system version: • Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM
• Windows 98: C:\Windows\All Users\DRM
• Windows Millennium Edition: C:\Windows\DRM

If you cannot find the Windows Media DRM folder, the exact location of the folder on the computer is stored in the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DRM\DataPath

Note By default, the path is displayed in binary format. To see the path in plain-text format, double-click DataPath. In the Edit Binary Value dialog box, the path is displayed in the column on the right.

Then go here to update your DRM

Security component upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom