DRM content, parameter error - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2007, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to ohGrFreak Send a message via Yahoo to ohGrFreak
Default DRM content, parameter error

I belong to a video on demand service with DRM'd content. In order to download and view the movies, you have to update the security of your pc and then aquire the license before you can even download a movie. Once you have aquired the license, you are then redirected to the download page for the movie.

Now here's the thing, I have the latest version of IE and I have already aquired a few licenses and viewed a few movies before with the same version of IE. I also have WMP9, which has also worked well in the past.

This time, when I went to click on the site's button to aquire the license, I got a blank page with an error and the error is this:

Line 17
Character 1
Incorrect parameter
Code 0

Also, I thought I'd just try to update my security again, just in case it didn't "take" the first time, hey, it's a longshot but whatever, I tried and I got the same error with different Line and Character numbers.

Also, I download and installed Firefox, and to no avail, and Firefox didn't even give me an error, just a blank page.

The website's tech support looked at the problem for 15 minutes or so and had no solution for me. I googled this problem, but the only similar topics delt with WMP11 errors.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Graphic Designer
Send a message via MSN to mssssee2 Send a message via Yahoo to mssssee2
Default Re: DRM content, parameter error

It might possibly be a service error that encounters when browsing that page. Sometimes those errors occur when the service updates its content and componets. Have you contacted the provider? I still don't think it's a browser error, cause as you mention you also tried another browser. Just tell them oraly what accurately happens.

Mike from Greece, 16

Old 04-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to ohGrFreak Send a message via Yahoo to ohGrFreak
Default Re: DRM content, parameter error

The provider says it's not on their end, plus it happens while trying to to the update again with windows own site. All other sites work well, it's just when trying to either access or do anything related to DRM sites. So it happens with the provider's site and windows site as well, not just that one provider. I tried upgrading to WMP11, and it still happens.
Closed Thread