Drivers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
can someone plz help me find the correct driver for my monitor it is a dell e153fp lcd for an XP os. I would greatly appreciate it.

thx

Thats the same driver I came up with. wouldnt let me post it though idk why

what about it isnt working? is the monitor showing as default? do you get a really low resolution and color setting?

You could try going into the control panel and go to system and device manager and remove whatever driver is installed under monitor and try to reinstall with the one you have. or have windows search for one and point it to whatever folder that driver file creates.

I do this

1. Click Start-> Control Panel-> and then double-click
Display icon.
2. In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab, and then
click Advanced.
3. Click the Monitor tab, and then click Properties ->

but when i go to click properties it is grayed out. Why would that be?

thx

When you download the file and double click on it, it unpacks the files to a directory, nothing else. You have to manually install the Driver, here a screenshot of the directions.
dell.jpg

Here is a question, why do you need monitor drivers? Both of my monitors are listed as just generic plug and play monitors. There really isnt a need to find specific drivers for your monitor.

Here is a question, why do you need monitor drivers? Both of my monitors are listed as just generic plug and play monitors. There really isnt a need to find specific drivers for your monitor.

Thats what i was wondering too. Someone else suggested it was a driver issue.

On an XP pro system when i try to move the screen resolution from 640/480 pixels it won't allow me to slide it over to a better resolution. The slider won't allow me to move it. Any ideas why?

thx

Edit: all set. it was the third one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom