drivers/bf2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to CBerger
Default drivers/bf2

I;ve had problems with my bf2 for a while and i'm wondering if it's my drivers. I have a pci e sapphire x850xt can anyone suggest the best overall drivers for this? right now i have omega 2.6.42

Ok, I'll give you the full rundown. I've typed this hundreds of times on various forums but here ya go.
I first got BF2 a while ago and had it playing and it was really fun. Then one day I was experiencing freezing problems. 2 type of problems would occur.
-the first would be i could connect to a server, play for a few minutes then the game would freeze. Models would freeze, sound would loop and i'd have to reboot, task manager wouldnt open
-the second was that only the mouse would freeze up, generally on the kit select screen, but its not a full freeze because i can still hear different sounds

Now, I've tried reinstalling, and it just lets me play for a longer time before it eventaully freezes. I should also mention that when i'm picking a server, my game will minimize to a norton pop up asking me to permit it. I've turned off auto protect and internet worm virus protect and it still freezes. I've tried different drivers and the omega ones i have now were recommended to help fix it but that was a long time ago and it didnt work then. I've given up on it for the most part but everynow and then i'll try it again, get excited about it working for 15 mins, then get bummed out when it freezes. so there. thats the problem. all my other games seem to work fine

Chaintech VNF4 :: AMD 3200+ winchester
Sapphire x850XT pci express :: 4x512 Kingston value ram pc-3200
250 GB Seagate barracuda :: Soundblaster audigy 2 zs
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 :: Antec Truepower 430 W
Sylvania 17\" flat :: Logitech MX500
Steelpad QcK :: Sennheiser PC150
Old 02-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

go here:
Closed Thread