Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevCor632

Baseband Member
As much as three times a day I get a Blue Screen of Death that says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have searched Google, tried the Microsoft site, all to no avail.

I haven't added anything new or changed anything hardware-wise in months, and this has started somewhat recently. I have always had a bit of trouble with this hard drive; blue screens of death, freezing, etc. but after reformatting it goes away for a while, then starts acting up again.

If anyone has any possible causes and/or fixes, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jonathan

This problem can be caused by:

1. A damaged Virtual Memory Manager Page file.

2. A faulty RAM (memory) module.

3. A RAM module that is NOT compatible with the computers chip set.

You say you've been having issues with the harddrive that goes away after a reformat??

1) go to cmd

at the prompt, type this verbatim or copy and paste it :

chkdsk x: /f /x

(where x is the letter of the drive that the system software resides on.)

It will then say something like this :

The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

type y, press Enter and then shutdown the system
fire it over again, and let it run the scan uninterrupted, then wait for it to come up with the summary. If it has a lot of bad sectors, then that's possible.

I would also investigate your Event Log; if you find anything with an Error Notation (also a red X) then investigate that as well.

http://www.memtest86.com/ also try downloading and running this; if it gives you errors, then post them back

Hope that there was a helpful coherent thought in there somewhere :D

Good Luck.

it's a ram issue unless error says other stuff too. try setting your bios to the defalts. that might fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom