DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error plz help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2003, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error plz help

About 3 weeks ago I noticed when I would select "Turn Off Computer" it would go thru the motions, but then reboot rather than going to the shutdown screen (I have WinXP Pro).

Now, a few days ago I started getting a msg from Windows whenever I try to shut down or reboot (after it goes past the Saving Settings part). Here is the error I get:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Technical Info:
0X000000D1 (0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XE20B9C0D)
Less than or equal to what? lol...

It's just a blue screen with that message. When I go into XP's event log it shows an error code etc and a link you can click on to get more info... but then at MS page it just says no information available on this error.

Has anyone ever seen this or have a clue what might be wrong?

thnx in advance... I'm totally stumped

Old 06-20-2003, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

THanks much for your time in answering my post. I will remove each mem stick and see if one generates the error and the others don't. I'm surprised since this is KingMax PC150 memory :S But I suppose anything is possible and could have got moofed somehow.

I already reinstalled the video drivers and VIA 4 in 1 update in hopes of resolving the issue so hopefully it is memory related since memory is dirt cheap (compared to a new video card if it happens to be related to that).
Closed Thread