driver troubles on new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindApex

In Runtime
*please note this is my first time buying a custom PC w/ no OS...treat me as a noob to this*

just bought my new computer...specs are:

amd 64 3200+
dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr
1 gig ocz pc3200 ram
bfg geforce 6600GT OC
pioneer dvr-109 dvd +- rw
200 gig WD S-ATA HDD

so this does not come with an OS..so i get home and install windows xp professional

it boots up, i go through the setup fine and it loads to the desktop

now i notice in device manager that there are no drivers for : ethernet controller, multimedia audio controller, other pci bridge device, pci memory controller, raid controller, SM bus controller, and video controller...so i grab the DFI Lanparty utility cd and pop it in...however its is very slow when opening the cd to view the contents, it does not auto-run, and when i try to run the setup inside i get an error that says:

d:\Setup.exe
Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed

i also tried installing the drivers using the "Update Driver" feature in Device Manager..but it says it cannot find the necessary software.

so i try with the video card driver cd and i get the same slow operation when accessing the disk and still cannot install those drivers

any ideas?

erm.. lanparty utility?? did you buy it at lanparty or something? if your buying a custom pc, they must give you drivers for: motherboard, video card/sound card/modem card (if those are not integrated, if they are, then it's all on motherboard cd)..

and install them in the following order: motherboard, video card, sound card, modem, and another other specialty driver you need for running windows smoothly..

yeah the lanparty utility cd is the motherboard cd...has the usb drivers, etc...

i have the system booted up to the desktop and i try to install but the cd never runs...thats my problem right now

update* i have installed the ethernet drivers so I at least have internet...and downloading video drivers right now

i guess then all fingers point to the dvd burner? i cant seem to find the pioneer drivers..just firmware

*EDIT

i think i fixed it...under device manager i changed the transfer mode of the Primary IDE Channel to PIO only...would i have future troubles with this?

BlindApex said:
update* i have installed the ethernet drivers so I at least have internet...and downloading video drivers right now

i guess then all fingers point to the dvd burner? i cant seem to find the pioneer drivers..just firmware

*EDIT

i think i fixed it...under device manager i changed the transfer mode of the Primary IDE Channel to PIO only...would i have future troubles with this?

they need to be set to dma. uninstall your ide driver and reboot the computer.

that pioneer burner did has a few issue that upgrading the firmware fixed

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2076_4273_128163990,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom