Driver Sweeper question

Status
Not open for further replies.
NTFS = New Technology File System

The NT comes from the old Windows NT OS that was out long ago. While not so appropriate now being New Technology since it has been out for so long it is basically just called NT now. It is far more secure than the old FAT16/FAT32 file systems used and can work with larger files. FAT32 had a file size limit of 4GB so you were very limited in the size of files you could work with.

NTFS doesnt have that restriction and can allow you to work with any file size now. Add into that things like being able to Encrypt the file system and so much more NTFS is by far the best choice to use. Beginning with Vista and continuing with Win7 Windows can only be installed to NTFS Primary Partitions. You can't use FAT32 anymore with Windows Vista/7.

Well, I just reinstalled Vista again using Gparted to format and am still having the same problems. Aargh, I am really getting frustrated. Is there any other programs I could try? One thing I noticed about Gparted is that it did not take very long to format. In fact I think it was quicker than the Windows utility. Don't know if it makes a difference but after I formatted with Gparted, I did not format using the Windows utility. Does that matter?

I have only tried to install Crysis and it froze during the installation process at the same place.

Another thing I have noticed is it is taking longer for Windows to load now and once it is up and running, it takes forever to do anything.

I don't have SP1 installed yet. Could that be a possibility? When I installed the first group of updates, which had around 100 of them, it said 30 updates failed to install. I have reinstalled Windows twice now and this happened both times.

I think I am going to buy Windows 7 and if that doesn't work, I just might build a new machine. I have been thinking about it anyways.

No it doesnt make a difference. GParted works differently cause it is NOT a Windows based application. It is a Linux based application. They work differently and at different speeds. I have been using this method for over 3 years now. It is time tested and it works.

Install SP1 AND SP2. They were created for a reason. They should have ben the FIRST things you installed after Vista. Not Crysis.

Well I just installed Windows 7 and I am still receiving the error message while gaming. This is really making me mad:angry: What do I need to do to solve this?

If your getting the same errors across different operating systems it is likely memory related.

Try each stick by itself.

Or run memtest86+ for least four hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom