Driver question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
Hi Guys, Just curious if this is true. I went into device manager and uninstalled the device drivers for my modem. I then disconnected my rj45 cable from my PC so I would not have an internet connection. I then rebooted my PC and had win 7 find my drivers them I had hoped.

I placed the drivers on a folder on my desktop. Does win 7 have the capability to know where to locate them on it's own? Plz let me know.

Thx.

PS... If possible, is there a way for me to guide the modem to the driver myself. In other words manually do it? If so, how plz?

Well it was already installed once so even if you uninstall it, when you reboot, it will automatically reinstall. You can uninstall the drivers, then reinstall the drivers you want by navigating to the folder they are in, then reboot but don't reboot after you first uninstall it, just uninstall, install, then reboot.

Osiris, After uninstalling them in device mgr the modem entry is no longer there. How do I get it back so I can reinstall it from the folder it is located in plz?

thx

Right click on your computer name in the Device Manager and select Scan for hardware changes

Ahhhh, Win7 ok, let Win7 reinstall the drivers, right click the device, click Update Driver Software, and then select Browse My Computer for Browser Software

Ok, that said best driver is already installed. Should that mean I am most current?

thx

ps, driver date is 8/13/09.

On your system, yes, Im not 100% sure if it checks the net as well, but you could go to the manufactures website and double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom