Drive now unallocated - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Drive now unallocated

After trying to install a patched version of mac os 10.5... and formatting the partitioned drive as ext for mac... 1st partition became unallocated. My data should still be on the drive... but I just can't access it. Now I don't mind partitioning the drive to corrent it but my brother plays world of warcraft and i know how important that is to him. So i don't want to partition the drive just yet. So I'm wondering first... seeing how the game is online... is all his character settings saved online or on the local disk... for those of you who play wow. Second... if there on the disk... then I'd like to get them off for him. However I've tried software and am not sure how to do it. I put xp on the second partition to try and grab data off the 1st main partition with software like pc inspector... however i'm not sure how to get the data if its saved as fat1?? I've tried gparted as well but it does not allow me to reallocate the drive without completely partitioning it. Any other ideas?

Old 02-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: Drive now unallocated

Well other than using XP to make the drive a partition again and using Recovery software. I dont have any ideas for you.

There was no Fat1. There was a FAT16 and FAT32. FAT1 would be from like 1970's. Unless that is the file type it is saved as. If that is the case i would say ue different recovery software. Try Pandora.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 02-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

I'll try Pandora... and let you know if it'll work. And yes... it had asked me to save the file format as fat1... the content was all mumbo jumbo and unreadable.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Well that is understandable. I have never even seen nor heard of that file format...

Try some other Recovery software. That should work out better for you.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

So pandora is able to pick up files... however its pretty much impossible to figure out which ones are the wow files. My brother has finally come home to and he said that the files r stored online. So reformatting is my best bet right now. Thanks for the suggestions though!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Just glad the files are online and you dont have to try and search through all that to find them.

Closed Thread