drive letter's

Status
Not open for further replies.
SP3 isnt real. It isnt from M$ and therefor that is what is causeing all your woes. SP3 was started by TheHotFix and from there it took off and got spyware and everything else added to it. Your best bet is to use the XP Disc you got then update from there. SP3 wont offically be out for at least another year. Until then anything else is junk and will most likely carry spyware.

If you like automated installs M$ does offer that with XP already. You will just haev to do the updates. Unless you slipstream those in as well. In that case your machine will be up to date (At time of slipstream) and you wont have nothing to worry about.

Mak, I understand that "SP3" isn't real. I am fairly conscience of microsoft's update's. However, i'm not understanding why a perfectly legit copy of window's is having this issue. So far I haven't found anything in the Knowledge Base or Google.

IT could just be that when you plug in the device it takes that last known drive letter. Z is the last known drive letter that Windows can have. So in theory it would think that if you hooked up another device it wouldnt be able to allow it. Check your settings and make sure that it starts with the first available drive letter.

I have 3 HDD's and a External along with 2 DVD drives and a USB Stick. Even i only hit up to letter O for drives. So something has to be messed up with your settings.

Glad you got it worked out. Forgot to even think about asking about the BIOS. DOH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom