Drive letter change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelz

Solid State Member
Hi Guys

My first post on here.
A couple of weeks ago Windows Update fragged Windows for me. Not such a big deal, I formated C: having critical data on another drive. One problem I do have is that setup kindly changed the letter of my other drive from I: to D: .Most things were OK but one or two applications are looking for templates on I: which no longer exists.
Is there a way of searching the drive and replacing these references? I'm certain I've seen it before but can't recall where to find it.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Wheelz

Drivemapper will do this. It comes with Partition Magic. You can also do a google to search for similar programs.

Or changethe drive letter in start>run>diskmgmt.msc

Good luck.

What did you format with?
also do as the major said and get partition magic. (PM me if u dont have it.)

PS
if u used a floppy disk you might have formatted both of your drives.... but prolly not.

windows likes to have the HDD's come first in drive letters, before anything else. I'm not sure if you can change the drive letter of hard drives, if you can, more power to ya. It seems to me that I had this same problem several years ago, and I could not change it. I liked my CD rom at D:, and I installed a slave and it bumped my CD rom up to E. I hated E! I WANTED D!!! But, meh, I got use to it.

TheMajor said:
Drivemapper will do this. It comes with Partition Magic. You can also do a google to search for similar programs.

Or changethe drive letter in start>run>diskmgmt.msc

Good luck.

this is the way to go. either way

control panel, adminstrative tool, computer management, dics management . major's way is quicker to reach it

you find the disc, right click it and choose change drive letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom