Drive Letter Assigning?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyDevil07

Baseband Member
I downloaded the new AMD Athlon 64 processor driver for Windows XP x64 but it won't install. When i run the program it says it can't load C:\boot.ini. Well this makes sense because my hard drive is the H drive. When i try to change it Windows says it "can not modify the drive letter of your system volume or boot volume. So does anyone know how I can get this to work. It will be ridiculous if in the end I can't install new drivers because of the letter of my freakin hard drive. Thanks.

the only way around this is no reinstall...another way is getting another hard drive and cloning your current hdd to the new one, process should take 15 minutes or so using acronis or something similar.

Reinstall my hard drive? Like reformat it and have to set everything up all over again? It didn't even let me select the letter for the drive and I put this computer together myself.

thats probably because you install xp vis the desktop instead of booting from it, thats how most people do it. you wont have to reformat if you clone your hard drive. it makes an exact copy of your os onto a diferent hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom