Drive Image and Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'll smash the sword on a rock and dull it. Cheers

Vista will have a server verson in 2007 and the full verson of vista for the home user is also released in 2007. A release that will not include winFS for the home user will be released in 2006.

Blackcomb is after Vista no one can really say alot about that right now.

Riot if it is a simple backup why doesn't windows shadow copy or symantec ghost work?

Yes i know Vista will have a server in 2007. What i am saying is that Vista is based off of the Core of 2003. Nothing more nothing less. As i said in my post this is all that is being discussed right now. not what is happening. Did i say that there was never going to be a Server version till BlackComb? Sorry for the rant but i thought i made it obvious in my last post about this information.

Riot if it is a simple backup why doesn't windows shadow copy or symantec ghost work?

Well, I haven't tried Windows Shadow Copy yet - that's certiainly something I can look at. However, the reason Symantec Ghost hasn't worked is because our company doesn't have it :) We're trying to figure out which imaging software will work with Vista, and we'll buy the software accordingly.

Thanks.

RiotWtH said:
Well, I haven't tried Windows Shadow Copy yet - that's certiainly something I can look at. However, the reason Symantec Ghost hasn't worked is because our company doesn't have it :) We're trying to figure out which imaging software will work with Vista, and we'll buy the software accordingly.

I'd question your product-searching methods if you're making a company software purchase decision on the presence of support from a BETA version. Honestly, what works today, may very well not work tomorrow, and what they claim will work tomorrow, often gets changed at the last minute.

Either way, Vista coming from Server2k3 is like Windows2000 coming from WinNT. It's a basic model, with the new features, security, etc, but Vista is going to be a client OS first. Support will remain for WinServer2k3 until the server release of Vista comes out (whenever that actually will be).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom