drive image help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazzer55

Baseband Member
hi folks!
just read a post here a couple of a couple of days ago..but, decided not to burden the posters with my prob! so here goes...
had a h/d crash a week ago and bought a new 250 pata to replace it..meanwhile, used a small backup drive (15gig) to keep me going. needed to put the image on the new drive. i have always used ghost, but in view of the size of the new drive, borrowed a copy of acronis drive image 9 from a mate to give it a try. the problem is that during the 3? times that a re-boot was required, the system hung in no-man's-land...did not re-boot nor switch off! fortunately, the restart button worked and i was able to get to windows (xpsp2) and use the computer. now, the windows software restart option won't work either; each time, i have to press the button to function. i have replaced the original drive which works fine, so, i have to assume that the clone made an error at this point. tested the drive (new one) with powermax and got the error "error opening log file us"..whatever that means..had to restart floppy. downloaded latest seatools, ran it, no errors.
even tried fdisk /mbr for good measure :-I
i am using fat32 'cos i prefer the accessibility of dos.
any suggestions welcome before i hunt out ghost and start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom